- Library Card Application
- Book a Librarian
- Do Research
- Guide to the Library
- Best Reads / Reader's Advisory
- Employment & Volunteering
- I Love NJ Libraries
- MTPL Blog
- Contact Us
- Site Map
Learn Job Skills Online
Books you can take with you are in this number range:
- 330 and 650
When searching our catalog use these subjects:
- Job Hunting
- Resumes (Employment)
- Cover Letters
- Employment Interviewing
Suggested journal indexes:
Ferguson's Career Guidance Center--Facts on File
This database is now broken down into three main sections: Jobs, Skills, and Resources for ease and speed of use.
Helping Job Seekers Get Hired, Every Step of the Way...Job & Career Accelerator is the industry's most comprehensive, online job search system that puts job seekers on the Fast Track to getting hired.
- TypingWeb - Register for free to track your progress in this set of typing tutorials.
- Learn2Type - Create a free personal account to track your touch-typing success.
- Sense-Lange Online Free Touch Typing Program - Learn the QWERTY standard PC keyboard or the DVORAK format.
- Free Ten Key Number Pad Course - Eight exercises to get you 10-keying in no time.
- Microsoft Word Tutorial - Clear, methodical lessons about how to use Microsoft Word giving an overview of what the software is designed to do.
- Basic Use of Microsoft Word - Tutorials written to help teachers become proficient with technology.
- Essential Microsoft Office 2007 - Chapter One is on Microsoft Word. Requires Adobe Reader.
- MotionTraining Microsoft Excel Tutorials - This will take you to the first of 17 free Excel tutorials.
- Excel Basics #1: What Is Excel? - A series of Flash videos on YouTube by Mike Gel Girvin.
- Learn the Net: Step-by-Step: Sending Email Attachments - Learn how to attach a file to an email.
- Productivity Portfolio: Outlook - Tutorials on all Outlook has to offer, including tips and tricks.
- TechRepublic: Microsoft Outlook - Articles that show how to get the most out of Outlook. For more advanced users.
- Microsoft Outlook: The How-To Geek - Free Outlook advice from a computer programmer.
- Writing the Basic Business Letter - An article describing how to write business letter. Find sample letters as well.
- Test Your Email IQ - Sensible tips for writing business emails.
- Spellchecker: Online Spell Check Form - Online tool for grammar and spell checking.