- Library Card Application
- Homebound Service Program
- Book a Librarian
- Do Research
- Guide to the Library
- Events & Photos
- Best Reads / Reader's Advisory
- Employment & Volunteering
- Family Information Database
- I Love NJ Libraries
- MTPL Blog
- Contact Us
- Site Map
Job Search Tools - Getting Started
Books you can take with you are in this number range:
- 330 and 650
When searching our catalog use these subjects:
- Job Hunting
- Resumes (Employment)
- Cover Letters
- Employment Interviewing
Suggested Journal Indexes:
Helping Job Seekers Get Hired, Every Step of the Way...Job & Career Accelerator is the industry's most comprehensive, online job search system that puts job seekers on the Fast Track to getting hired.
This database offers interactive practice exams including ASVAB, GED, GMAT, PRAXIS, SAT, police and firefighter tests, AP exams, real estate licensing preparation, skills improvement courses, teacher certification, TOEFL, and much more.
- New User Tutorial - Practice clicking, scrolling, and other valuable skills when filling out online applications.
- Free email - You can sign up for an account with Gmail, Yahoo! Mail, or Windows Live Mail.
Store Files Online:
- Box.net - Free, easy to use online storage site.
- ThinkFree - Allows the creation, uploading, storage, and sharing of documents.
- Sosius - Store up to 25MB of files online, create folders, and share with other users.
- Google Docs - Create documents online that can be downloaded for conversion into Microsoft Office formats.
- Zoho Docs - Store up to 1GB of data for free. Other features offered for free on a limited-use basis.
Resume and Cover Letter Generators:
- Career Zone: Write Your Resume - Online resume generator for people who don't want to struggle with layouts.
- Professional Teaching Resume Generator - Specifically designed for educators, this resume generator can be adapted for almost any position.
- Cover Letter Maker - Fill in the blanks to get a well-organized cover letter.
- NIEFS Cover Letter Generator - This cover letter generator features helpful hints about what type of information to enter into each blank space.
- Resume Banking - Free top quality templates that meet specific resume-writing needs with style.
- Hloom - Free resume templates: 275 professional samples in Word.
- Internet Fax and Phone Messaging:
- eFax - Receive faxes for free and pay $17 per month to send faxes.
- RapidFAX - Sign up for a 30 day trial to send and receive faxes from your email for free. $9.95 after the first month.
- MyFax - Free 30 day trial of this internet-based faxing service. Also allows you to retrieve voice messages online. Pay $10 per month after the first 30 days.
- K7 Unified Messaging - Free unified messaging service that allows you to receive faxes and voice messages over the web.