- Library Card Application
- Book a Librarian
- Do Research
- Guide to the Library
- Events & Photos
- Best Reads / Reader's Advisory
- Employment & Volunteering
- I Love NJ Libraries
- MTPL Blog
- Contact Us
- Site Map
Books you can take with you are in this number range:
When searching our catalog use these subjects:
- Depression, Mental
- Postpartum depression
- Depression in adolescence
Suggested online databases:
Health Reference Center--Facts on File
Facts On File’s Health Reference Center is a comprehensive encyclopedic database containing thousands of hyperlinked entries organized into four major categories: conditions and diseases, health and wellness, mental health, and body systems.It provides clear information on the causes, cures, key research, medical terms, symptoms, treatments and trends, and organizations in each field of study.
Health and Wellness- Gale
Use this Resource Center to find magazines, journals, newspapers, definitions, directories, and information on: Fitness, Pregnancy, Medicine, Nutrition, Diseases, Public Health, Occupational Health and Safety, Alcohol and Drug abuse, Prescription Drugs, etc. Included are links to diet, cancer, and health assessment sites as well as government databases. The material contained in this Resource Center is intended for informational purposes only.
Health Source:Nursing/Academic Edition-Ebsco
This database provides nearly 550 scholarly full text journals focusing on many medical disciplines. Featuring Lexi-PAL Drug Guide, which covers 1,300 generic drug patient education sheets with more than 4,700 brand names.
Health Source:Consumer Edition-Ebsco
Provides information on many health topics including the medical sciences, food sciences and nutrition, childcare, sports medicine and general health.
- Psychology Today - Professionally developed psychological quizzes to see how happy you are with your life.
- Signal Patterns - Take a psychological assessment that you can post on Facebook.
- Authentic Happiness Questionnaire Center - This site offers nineteen surveys to measure your happiness and level of satisfaction.
- Happier.com - Take clinically validated tests and learn techniques for being happier.
- Articles and Videos About What Makes Us Happy:
- Why Are We Happy? Why Aren't We Happy? - In this video, a Harvard psychologist explains how your brain predicts what will make you happy.
- The Science of Happiness - This site explains how happiness can make you healthier and longer-lived.
- 18 Ways Attention Goes Wrong - An article about how paying attention relates to psychological ills.
- How to Choose Happiness: Combat Decision-Making Biases - An article about how we make decisions based on emotions.
- The Neuroscience of Compassion - An excerpt from a radio interview with a psychology professor about fearful reactions.
- Portable Guide to Stress Relief - Follow these suggestions from Harvard Medical School to help cope with stress.
- Eight Tips for Making Yourself Happier in the Next Hour - Blog post that offers tips for a quick mood makeover.
- I Can Has Cheezburger? Network - Browse LOL cats, dogs, the Fail Blog, or Engrishfunny.com from here.
- Falling Sand Game - Sand falls and you draw lines to manipulate it. Very zen.
- Drift - You get to be a bunny frolicking in a sunny meadow hopping around balloons.
- Loops of Zen - Try this addictive games where the only objective is to make shapes with all rounded borders.