- Library Card Application
- Book a Librarian
- Do Research
- Guide to the Library
- Events & Photos
- Best Reads / Reader's Advisory
- Employment & Volunteering
- I Love NJ Libraries
- MTPL Blog
- Contact Us
- Site Map
Support Your Library
The Middletown Township Public Library Foundation, Inc. invites you to participate in its mission of enhancement, entertainment, and education. Established in 2002 to support the Township of Middletown’s reconstruction and expansion of the Library, the Foundation now supports the library in special ways not contemplated by our municipal support. While our public funding stocks our shelves and pays our bills, the Library, now a place for much more than books and media, seeks private assistance to sustain and build on the excellence.
The mission of the MTPL Foundation, Inc. is enhancement, entertainment, and education at the Middletown Township Public Library. A 501(c)3 non-profit organization, it provides support in underwriting the cost of:
- Special Reference Sets
- Computer Enhancements
- Collections in New Formats
- Concerts and Recitals
- Art Exhibits
- Children's Activities
- Film Programs
- Graduate-Level Scholarships
- Employee Education
Tax-deductible contributions pay be made to the MTPL Foundation, Inc., 55 New Monmouth Road, Middletown NJ 07748. For more information, call 732-671-3703 or email email@example.com.
Tax Deductible Gift
Your gift can be made in the way that works best for you. You may choose to make an outright cash donation, a gift/pledge combination over a period of years, or name the Foundation in your will. Transfers of stock or property are also accepted.
Gifts can be dedicated to the memory or in honor of someone special, and at your request, can be listed as anonymous. Gifts which are unrestricted give the Foundation the most flexibility to meet library needs, but you may specify whether the donation should go towards the scholarship or programming.
Matching Gifts Program
You may be able to increase your gift if your employer has a Matching Gifts Program. The Foundation has received thousands of dollars through such programs. The Foundation qualifies as a registered charity in the State of New Jersey and has a nonprofit 501c3 status with the IRS. If you have contributed to the Capital Campaign and have continued to support the Foundation, we thank you for your generosity. Now is the time to help sustain our fine Library.
All gifts are acknowledged in writing. Please call 732-671-3703 if you have additional questions about how your donation will be used or to discuss a dedication. If you are ready to make a gift to the Foundation, please make your check out to: MTPL Foundation, 55 New Monmouth, Middletown, NJ 07748.
Please help us to continue to enrich, educate, and entertain your life and the lives of your children and grandchildren with the best library services we can provide. THANK YOU!
A library champion believes the public library is an essential community asset, supports non-partisan, stable funding measures, advocates for library needs and services, backs its programs and is willing to defend it in public.
If you would like to be a library champion for MTPL, please tell us your email address and we'll let you know the latest advocacy news. Email it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also sign up for emails from the New Jersey Library Association (NJLA) about important library issues and information about how to take action. Just click on the link to sign-up. http://capwiz.com/ala/nj/mlm/signup/
What Can You Do?
1. Educate yourself about your library.
2. Challenge unsubstantiated comments about the library.
3. Don’t ever take the library for granted—respond to threats.
4. Keep it personal– your own story about what the library means to you is the very best way to get others to listen to you.
5. Write the Mayor and other elected officials about why you support the library.
6.. Oppose new legislation that would cut or eliminate the library’s minimum funding
Quick Facts About the Library
- The library’s 2011 budget is only 2% of the annual taxes collected by Middletown Township, which includes the school taxes. This amounts to about $55.79 per capita.
- 62% of the residents of Middletown have a library card
- The Middletown Library is the 2nd busiest municipal library in the State of NJ. In both 2010 and 2011, borrowing exceeded 1 million items for each year.
- Last year the number of library visits was over 528,000.
- Over 32,000 people per year attend a MTPL program.
- The library has a nine member volunteer Board of Trustees
|Foundation Brochure.pdf||837.23 KB|