- Library Card Application
- Book a Librarian
- Do Research
- Guide to the Library
- Events & Photos
- Best Reads / Reader's Advisory
- Employment & Volunteering
- I Love NJ Libraries
- MTPL Blog
- Contact Us
- Site Map
THE MIDDLETOWN LIBRARY MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP FUND
INCLUDING THE CONOVER-WIHTOL BEQUESTS
To provide funds for deserving scholars participating in Master of Library Science (MLS) programs or other post graduate library science degree. Our purpose is to promote educational goals of current employees.
The amount of each scholarship will be no less than $500.00 per annum. The number of awards per year will be wholly within the discretion of the Board of Trustees.
MANNER OF DISTRIBUTION:
All monies awarded to scholarship recipients will be disbursed to the college or university they are attending, to be applied against tuition or fees charged. The check will be made out jointly to the college/university and the recipient.
The candidate must:
- Complete the standard application form which can be obtained from the Library.
- Submit a written statement of 200 words indicating what contribution you can make to the library profession and librarianship as a career.
- Submit a transcript from the college/university you are attending (Graduate/Undergraduate).
- Submit two reference letters.
- Submit evidence of enrollment or acceptance to an accredited program for a MLS or advanced degree.
- Submit all applications and attachments to the Middletown Township Library by May 20th of each year the scholarship is offered.
- Must be a resident of New Jersey.
- Must be attending or be accepted for admission at an accredited School of Library Science for a Masters degree in Library Science or other post graduate library science degree.
- Must meet requirements of character and scholarship as determined by the selection committee.
REQUIREMENTS FOR REIMBURSEMENT
FOR EDUCATIONAL EXPENSES FOR LIBRARY EMPLOYEES
Subject to availability of funds, Middletown Township Library employees who wish to attend school and seek reimbursement may be granted reimbursement if in view of the Director and the Board of Trustees the course will show a direct benefit to the Library.
The selected course/seminar must be a library science related course. No reimbursement will be granted unless a “C” average or better is maintained. The employee must be employed by the Library for 1 year and reimbursement shall be for the course tuition and books only.
Each course request must be approved in advance of registration by the Board of Trustees. Approval and amount are wholly within the Board’s discretion.