- Library Card Application
- Book a Librarian
- Do Research
- Guide to the Library
- Events & Photos
- Best Reads / Reader's Advisory
- Employment & Volunteering
- I Love NJ Libraries
- MTPL Blog
- Contact Us
- Site Map
The Mission of the Middletown Township Public Library
The Middletown Township Public Library is a civic institution that provides materials, ideas, information, technology and cultural opportunities to enrich, empower and educate.
The Library Trustees, Staff, and Volunteers uphold the following Core Values, to:
- Act with integrity, honesty and fairness.
- Treat our customers, co-workers and volunteers with dignity and respect. We believe people are important, and value their diversity.
- Respond to our customers in a timely and accurate manner.
- Encourage staff innovation and creativity. Recognize team work and superior performance. Support continuing education.
- Protect each customer’s right to privacy with respect to information sought and materials consulted or borrowed.
- Resist censorship.
- Educate and inform our community of the roles and responsibilities of the library, its governance and finance.
- Act in a professional manner, always mindful of the impression we make on our customers and co-workers.
- Conduct our business affairs economically, accurately and with integrity.
- Be aware of library technology trends and adopt change as necessary