Volunteer at the Middletown Township Public Library. Contact Stephanie at email@example.com for more details. New teen volunteers must be 14 years of age or older. If interested in volunteering at the library, fill out and hand in the application below:
Below, there are a number of opportunties to become involved in for community service:
1. Lego Building Sessions: Work with young children to create lego masterpieces, Wednesdays at 6:30 pm. Begins October 1st.
2. M3 Maker Sessions: Students knowledgeable with technology and engineering are encouraged to help younger children build and create in this STEM program. Sessions are held on the first Thursday of the month from 3:00-4:30 pm.
3. Reading Buddies: Become a reading buddy for a child just learning to read. Saturdays from 10-11 am starting September 6th.
4. American Red Cross Club: This club meets to discuss future projects and events, disaster training, and other Red Cross related activities. Service and leadership hours will be available to people who decide to participate.
5. Scrabble with Kids: Teach the game and play Scrabble with children.
6. Chess for Kids: Teach children chess and play the game with them.
7. Tween Knitting Club: Help tweens knit, loom, and crochet. If you don't know how, you can be taught. The first Thursday of the month at 4 pm.
8. Teen Advisory Board: We are starting a Teen Advisory Board. You will give programming ideas and feedback, suggest teen library materials, and help with publicity for teen programs. If you are interested in joining, email Stephanie at firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. Death in the Library: Interactive Murder Mystery: Volunteer to play one of the suspects in this interactive murder mystery dinner on April 6th at 6:30 pm. For an application to participate and more information email Stephanie at email@example.com.
10. Learn Cursive Writing for Tweens: Help tweens learn how to write in cursive. Meetings are every other Monday at 4 pm in the computer lab starting February 16th.
10. Volunteer as needed for special programming.
Teens interested in volunteering at the library must email Teen Librarian Stephanie at firstname.lastname@example.org. Feel free to make suggestions for new programs where you can share your talents and creativity with others!
In the Community on your own:
1.The Middletown Arts Center is looking for responsible, fun-loving teens, ages 15 and up to help out with their Club Mac, which is a babysitting service with lots of activities for do with them. You must be willing to play with the kids so they have fun! Call the arts center to sign up at 732-706-4100.
2. Poricy Park of Middletown needs teen volunteers.
4. Sunrise Senior Living : Volunteer at the Sunrise in Lincroft. Help out with the Reminiscence Neighborhood. Please contact Linda Gelpke for more information at (732) 212-1910 or email her at email@example.com.
We encourage teens to do programs to show their talents or a new skill; We currently have teen-led art, manga clubs as well as teens teaching American Sign Language instruction. We’ve had teen-led open mic nights, teen musical performances, and teen improv. If you have a special talent or interest, feel free to be in touch so we can make a performance or program happen.