Volunteer at the Middletown Township Public Library. Contact Stephanie at email@example.com for more details. New teen volunteers must be 14 years of age or older. If interested in volunteering at the library, fill out and hand in the application below to Stephanie at the Youth Services Desk:
You must hand in a completed, neat, teen volunteer application. Treat this application as you would a job application. Write neatly, with proper spelling and grammar, and fill it out entirely. Any incomplete applications, extremely sloppy applications, or applications using the incorrect form, will not be accepted.
Below, there are a number of opportunties to become involved in for community service:
1. Teen Advisory Board: Give programming ideas and feedback, suggest teen library materials, lead teen programs, help with the summer reading program, and assist with publicity for teen programs. Meetings will be monthly on Tuesdays at 3:30 pm. If you are interested in joining, email Stephanie at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. American Red Cross Club: This club meets to discuss future projects and events, disaster training, and other Red Cross related activities. Service and leadership hours will be available to people who decide to participate.
3. Tween Knitting Club: This club meets on the first Thursday of each month at 4pm. Our next meeting will be on July 9th. If you know how to knit, crochet, or loom help out with this fun program!
4. Scrabble with Kids: Teach the game and play Scrabble with children.
5. Chess for Kids: Teach children chess and play the game with them.
6. Volunteer as needed for special programming.
Teens interested in volunteering at the library must email Teen Librarian Stephanie at email@example.com. Feel free to make suggestions for new programs where you can share your talents and creativity with others!
In the Community on your own:
1.The Middletown Arts Center is looking for responsible, fun-loving teens, ages 15 and up to help out with their Club Mac, which is a babysitting service with lots of activities for do with them. You must be willing to play with the kids so they have fun! Call the arts center to sign up at 732-706-4100.
2. Poricy Park of Middletown needs teen volunteers.
4. Sunrise Senior Living : Volunteer at the Sunrise in Lincroft. Help out with the Reminiscence Neighborhood. Please contact Linda Gelpke for more information at (732) 212-1910 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We encourage teens to do programs to show their talents or a new skill; We currently have teen-led art, manga clubs as well as teens teaching American Sign Language instruction. We’ve had teen-led open mic nights, teen musical performances, and teen improv. If you have a special talent or interest, feel free to be in touch so we can make a performance or program happen.